Terms and Conditions
Please read the terms and conditions carefully as you will have to acknowledge acceptance of them during the online registration process. By entering into this competition you agree to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions.
1. Once final artwork has been delivered and approved by June 14, 2013, the artist will need to be available for any production inquiries relating to the artwork, including approving machine proofs prior to printing or technical issues with the binding.
2. Entrants who are students and who reach the shortlist will be required to provide evidence of their student status, and winning students under the age of 18, will be contacted and written parental consent must be provided before the artwork is published and illustration credit is given.
3. Entrants agree that their name and images may be published on the Achene Press, Jennifer Phillips Russo and The Dragon Birthmark websites. The winning entrants, runners up and shortlisted finalists grant the Achene Press, Jennifer Phillips Russo and The Dragon Birthmark permission in relation to the publication of their entries and agree to the use of his / her name, as illustrator, in relation to publicity material.
4. In submitting your contribution to the Achene Press, Jennifer Phillips and The Dragon Birthmark, you hereby grant the Achene Press, Jennifer Phillips and The Dragon Birthmark license for the full term of any rights that may exist in your contribution to reproduce your contribution in any medium (now known or later developed) including postcards and prints, and to publish such reproductions in publications including but not limited to catalogues, visitor leaflets, exhibition – related materials, exhibition advertising, in – gallery displays (including electronic and screen – based displays), internal management systems, on the Achene Press, Jennifer Phillips and The Dragon Birthmark websites and on other websites to which we contribute material where the items are made available on a non commercial basis. The student artist will always receive illustration credit for contributions selected.
5. You grant the Achene Press, Jennifer Phillips and The Dragon Birthmark the right to give members of the public a copy of any image of surrogate of your contribution for the purpose of private study or educational activities or research.
6. In Submitting your contribution, you hereby warrant and undertake to the Achene Press, Jennifer Phillips and The Dragon Birthmark that:
i) your contribution is your own original work, that it has not been published previously in any form and that you are fully entitled to grant to the Achene Press, Jennifer Phillips and The Dragon Birthmark the rights under the two clauses above and that by doing so, you do not violate, plagiarize or infringe the rights of third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
ii) you are not aware of any third parties who might be entitled to prevent the Achene Press, Jennifer Phillips and The Dragon Birthmark from exploiting the rights licensed or from reproducing any of the items in your contribution or distributing copies thereof to the public.
iii) you will not submit any defamatory or illegal material of any nature. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio.
7. We also reserve the right to crop your work if necessary.
8. Achene Press, Jennifer Phillips and The Dragon Birthmark reserve the right to remove any content that they deem unsuitable. This might include but not be limited to content that is unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable.
9. Achene Press, Jennifer Phillips and The Dragon Birthmark will hold personal data provided by entrants for the competition. By entering this competition you agree to be contacted in the future, either by post, telephone or email, about future Achene Press, Jennifer Phillips and The Dragon Birthmark initiatives. Personal data will not be passed on to third parties.
10. If you do not want to grant the Achene Press, Jennifer Phillips and The Dragon Birthmark the above rights or cannot provide the warranties set out above, please do not submit your contribution.
This website and its contents are owned by the author, Jennifer Phillips Russo, The Dragon Birthmark, and Achene Press (save for any content displayed, or contained within the site, that is subject to third party rights), and all elements of the website and all rights therein, including but not limited to the content and general design, are protected by copyright and database rights.
Our logo, and any other mark associated with us, are also subject to copyright, and may not be used without our express written consent.
This site may also display the trademarks of third parties. Nothing contained in this site should be construed as granting any license or right to use any such trade mark without the express written permission of the legal owner of the trade mark.
© Achene Press 2013 all rights reserved